Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
· 1 large egg
· 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
· 18 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
· 1/2 cup M&M's (I used Dark Chocolate Red and Green M&M's)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
2. To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
3. Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
4. Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
5. Add the Oreos and stir to combine.
6. Add the M&M's and stir to combine.
7. Turn the batter out into prepared pan, smoothing it lightly with a spatula and pushing it into the corners. Tip - Strategically place a few Oreos and M&M's on top for visual appeal.
8. Bake for about 18 to 21 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don't overbake. Bars firm up as they cool. A toothpick test is a bit tricky because there aren't many bare batches, but if you hit a patch of just dough, the toothpick should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 90 minutes before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars Reviewed by Azzam on 5:52:00 AM Rating: